Europa-List: Re: Drop in RPM/Mag drop

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Drop in RPM/Mag drop
From: ploucandco <jacques@platisource.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 02:12:14

Hans, how much time was the plane in the hangar without engine running? I got
pretty
much the same issues after 3 months of heavy winter: snow and ice that prevented
me to use the plane. Cracks in the radio and the 914 engine running squared
due to oil in the air system.

The cracks in the radio disappeared after some minutes of communications, I
suspect
some oxydation.

The oil in the air system came from the turbo check valve that has weeped during
the storage period. The oil needs to be cleaned from the airbox and the spark
plugs. Also the carbs need to be checked if there is no residual oil.

Hope this helps, Jacques.
[/code]

Read this topic online here: