Europa-List: Re: Dynon Skyview

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Dynon Skyview
From: ploucandco <jacques@platisource.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 07:00:41

Steve, I would connect the 914 TCU serial output to a PC with the ROTAX
TLR46.exe
program. There you can see many parameters of the engine and especially the
real engine RPM. Also the complete history when the engine was run out of
tolerances.
Running a ROTAX914 at 8000 RPM means: go to the ROTAX dealer to order
an engine teardown and likely an overhaul!

I am pretty sure that there is a setup issue with skyview. The installation
manual
says:
Trigger Coil (Rotax 912, except 912 iS)
The Rotax 912 engines have a 5th trigger coil for the purposes of electrically
monitoring rev counts. This trigger coil outputs to a two-wire harness. Connect
either of the two wires to ground; connect the other to the standard RPM Left
input on the SV-EMS-220. If you observe erratic tachometer readings or momentary
spikes in the display - particularly at higher RPM  install a 60K resistor
inline (in series) between the trigger coil and SV-EMS-220 (RPM LEFT (Pin32,
White/Green wire).

Also, is the Skyview sensor setup correctly done?

Jacques.

Read this topic online here: