RE: Europa-List: Re: mid-door latch

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: mid-door latch
From: Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 09:40:33
I=92m an experienced man ! not because I will reach 60 next July, not
because
I logged more than 650 hours for the last 25 years on 11 different GA
planes=85 Just because a lot of =93opportunities=94 happened to me
during that
time. Including two door departures on my Europa. Yes two: first because
the
rear shoot bolt guide felled at last opening and the rear shoot bold
disengaged at first shakes during the following take-off. Second because
didn=92t modify the latch cover which prevents the passenger to touch it
with
his elbow and it=92s what happened when he tried to take out his
pull-over
(the mod was done since)=85

None of these two cases whould have been avoided with any additional
light
on the panel (and you know Murphy=92s low: the led would burn at he time
it
would be necessary to light). The only way to avoid these stupidities is
follow up good processes (check-list help) and be carrefull and
attentioned
to what you do!

BTW these principles didn=92t prevented us to land with 5 Kt of back
wind
yesterday because we even hadn=92t a look to the windsock coming back
---From a
local flight engaged on the other orientation of the runway with an
absolute
no wind J

Take care!

Max  Cointe

 <mailto:mcointe@free.fr> mcointe@free.fr

F-PMLH Europa XS_TriGear

Kit #560-2003 912ULS/AirmasterAP332 450 hours

F-PLDJ Dyn=92A=E9ro MCR 4S

Kit #27-2002 912ULSFR/MTProp MTV7A 1550 heures