Europa-List: Rear Inspection Plateform

Subject: Europa-List: Rear Inspection Plateform
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:17:28

Hello All
He are e some photo,s of !!! ah what do it call it?, yes Rear tunnel inspection
Platform. Well it works for me even though i may only use it once a year.

It is easy way to get yourself in the back, straight up some steps in front of
the wing , get flat and down you go, a slim person could manage to get by the
tower on his side, or remove the tower if you want plenty of room.

I want to get my Torque Tubes out and can go in this way if i can,t manage from
the inspection hole if things are seized up.
No weight is placed on the aircraft skin, all goes  to the floor, and you always
need a rear support for many other jobs .

Takes about 10 minutes to remove the D panel, Place the trestle and former under
the aircraft, then slip the boards in which can be raised or lowered at the
rear end but wing nuts on rods.

Wood is expensive these days, this lot in the photo cost me 70

Think my inspector will like it as you can get a good look at everything,    and
with Pats clamps just undo the Allen Bolts pull out the Dowels, slip the Tube
out and re grease the bearing's once every three years or so.

Alan

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/cimg0952_188.jpg