Europa-List: Re: Filling/Painting Classic wings & Tail. SUPERFIL? SP106?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Filling/Painting Classic wings & Tail. SUPERFIL? SP106?
From: jglazener <j.glazener@planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 07:49:13

Hello Nev,

Very useful information. So useful that it just begs to be expanded into a
"Europa
Filling for Dummies" instruction. I would happily be your launch customer!

I have yet to start on filling though I can't put it off much longer. The vast
amount of strong opinions on the net (mostly contradictory) on how to do this
only serve to raise the barrier. Like many Europa tasks that seem daunting at
first it will probably seem straightforward looking back. As a novice though I
know it would be really useful to have a clear guide, as if someone was standing
behind me. If you have time left over from not sanding anymore..

Then a few questions:
- You strongly advise against using expired resin. How expired do you mean? I am
sure the stuff does not go off the day after the expiry date, so what would
be the shelf life left after that, assuming proper storage?
- Ampreg 21 has to be used for structure in the UK. Does that mean that West
(105?)
would be allowed in the Netherlands? I have to get new resin anyway for both
building and filling so it would be useful if I could just use that.
- How thick is "thick"?

Regards,

--------
Jeroen