Re: Europa-List: Always a slight coolant leak after flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Always a slight coolant leak after flight
From: stephan cassel <stephan.cassel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:34:56
Hi

I am also using the silicon hoses from Stefan Ingemarsson. Very good hoses
I may add.

My start to drip at the radiator.

It looks like the inner diameter is a bit, not much, too big. I bought
Teflon tape and put some layers (1-1,5 mm or so)  on the both inlet and
outlet of the radiator.

The inlet and outlet must be totally dry when applying the Teflon tape. At
least for me this stopped the drip completely.

Another thing I have observed is that this type of silicon is vulnerable to
heat, especially close to the exhaust system and should be isolated.

Best regards

Stephan

LN-STE