Europa-List: Always a slight coolant leak after flight

Subject: Europa-List: Always a slight coolant leak after flight
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:31:38

While I am sorting odd bits and bobs; since build I have had a slight coolant
leak
when the engine cools. I guess the water stops being pumped, the heads are
hot and the pressure builds in the pipe from top bottle to port side of radiator
and that joint weeps. Why doesnt it flow to the expansion bottle though? I
have a silicon down pipe and good clamp but it still does it. Maybe I need a
constant torque type clamp. Tempted to put the original black pipe back on.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W