Europa-List: Europa Classic Monowheel Fight Test Report

Subject: Europa-List: Europa Classic Monowheel Fight Test Report
From: Jeffrey J Paris <jeffreyjparis@excite.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:23:22
Europaphiles,
=C2-
Yesterday was a breakthrough day for myself and our Jabiru powered Europa Mo
nowheel Classic kit #A012. =C2-After making some changes in the cowl my CH
T issues have improved greatly enough for me to take the aircraft and to fin
ally experience what can only be described as a delightful flying machine.
=C2-I flew for 1.2 hours and took our "Gladys" (In honour of my English Gr
andmother) up to 5000 feet to get more familiar with the handling characteri
stics of the aircraft. =C2-I am pleased to report that I was able to trim
the aircraft =C2-and fly hands off and the airplane flew like she was on a
 rail!
=C2-
In a best rate climb from 4000' to 5000' =C2-she climbed at 1600 fpm. =C2
-I also saw 126 knots indicated 123 ground at 2750 RPM burning 6.2 gallons
 an hour. =C2-Control forces are balanced and responsive. =C2-Slow fligh
t, S-turns, turns around a point all very predictable. =C2-My landings are
 getting better and i'll leave it at that...
=C2-
Pulling the cowls today and going to give the aircraft a real close inspecti
on and hopefully the weather and winds allow me to get up this weekend.
=C2-
Cheers,
=C2-
Jeff Paris N127ZP=C2-
Rochester NY =C2-Williamson Sodus Airport, NY