Europa-List: heavy left wing

Subject: Europa-List: heavy left wing
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:36:51

I have finally figured out my overheating problem with the Jabiru engine.
Mostly
it is the MGL EMS unit telling me that the engine is 36 C hotter than it really
is.

I have now been able to fly for longer times and distance and one of the first
things that got my attention is the heavy left wing.  The aileron tip is down
about 1 to 1 1/2 inches is straight and level flight.  The right is up about 1/4
to 1/2" .  I had been thinking since I weight in at 250 pounds that was the
cause, but today I added 150 pounds to the PAX seat, Sand Bags!.  It helped,
but not my much.

Bud had sent a picture of adding a pencil to the bottom of the aileron.  This
bought
the aileron up, but the turning increased.

I'm thinking that I don't have enough lift on this wing or too much on the right
wing.

I remember reading a couple of months ago about making the flap stay down by
placing
a block on the up side of the slot.

Is this really a good way to add lift to this wing?

Or is there a better way?  I remember when I set the Angle of Incidence and even
took  pictures of both sides.

What do I do now?

Read this topic online here: