SV: Europa-List: silver paint

Subject: SV: Europa-List: silver paint
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 08:02:44

Hi William,

I would recommend against using metallic paints.  I had the same thought as
you, until I checked out the relative temperature of car surfaces (put my
hand on the hood) at a parking lot on a sunny day:

White is definitely the only "cold" colour.  Silver metallic is up there
among the other "warm" colours like green, blue and red.  May sound strange,
but it is caused by irregular particles in the paint reflecting radiation
heat not only outwards (remember:  angle out equals angle in).

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ