Re: Europa-List: Power Flarm antennas

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Power Flarm antennas
From: Kevin Kedward <kpeng1@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 10:12:18
Hi Michel,
                 I have Powerflarm Pcas mobile mounted on a RAM mount suctio
n cup on the windscreen to the left near to the doorframe. The anntena can t
hen stand vertical and work fine and is easy to see and use with no restrict
ion on my view. Powerflarm give's me firm contacts with ADS-B and Flarm equi
pped(plus gliders) aircraft with 360 deg position and altitude . Mode C & S a
re given range and relative altitude to you.When powerflarm is linked to my T
rig31 mode s transponder it will also  give me ADS-B out.

               Regards
                             Kevin.

Sent from my iPhone

On 6 Oct 2012, at 00:06, "craig" <craigb@onthenet.com.au> wrote:

> I have a full wave loop antenna, it fits neatly behind the baggage bay bul
khead. Inside the garage, doors closed
> With the airport 29.6km (according to google maps) off my starboard wing, t
he ATIS is so strong MAX squelch still
> Doesn=99t cut the transmission off. I am told that the reception sho
uld be degraded to port and starboard because of the loop giving
> Best reception/ trans through the hole in the middle (ie fore/aft), keep i
n mind that comm. Signals are vertically polarized so if your antenna

ver@matronics.com] On Behalf Of mau11
> Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 9:22 PM
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
> Subject: Europa-List: Power Flarm antennas
>
> Hi all,
> Does anyone have experience with powerFlarm?
>
> What is the best antennas position?
> I use one last week and I receive signal only when two antennas are in ver
tical position.
> When the powerflarm body is positioned on top of the panel below windscree
n, with antennas in 45=C2=B0 position no signal.

=========
=========
=========
=========