RE: Europa-List: Power Flarm antennas

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Power Flarm antennas
From: craig <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 09:06:22
I have a full wave loop antenna, it fits neatly behind the baggage bay
bulkhead. Inside the garage, doors closed

With the airport 29.6km (according to google maps) off my starboard
wing, the ATIS is so strong MAX squelch still

Doesn=99t cut the transmission off. I am told that the reception
should be degraded to port and starboard because of the loop giving

Best reception/ trans through the hole in the middle (ie fore/aft), keep
in mind that comm. Signals are vertically polarized so if your antenna

Is laying flat on top of the panel the reception might be effected.

Good luck

craig