Re: [Spam] Europa-List: New to List

Subject: Re: [Spam] Europa-List: New to List
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 19:53:42

On 10/04/2012 10:18 PM, Karl Heindl wrote:

> Could you give us the details and source of the thin radiator ?

This custom made radiator is made by a Czech company,
www.aluminiumracing.com (see their pictures of Rotax radiators).

This is basically the "standard" Rotax radiator, as recommended by Rotax
and used in practically all commercial applications. (You may not be
aware of this, but Rotax is a very common engine in Europe, many
(commercial) airplanes use this engine. Normally, the Rotax is used with
the factory radiator, which is made by this Czech company. As far as I
know all these airplanes use the same radiator, the Europa is the only
exception I know off... with hilarious results). I had the stock
radiator enlarged for additional capacity to cope with the addition of
the heat of the oil to the coolant due to the heat exchanger. In
hindsight this probably wasn't necessary but I was sick of cooling
problems at that time and wouldn't want to risk yet another failure.

So, I just ordered the stock radiator but with a few extra rows in it,
and had the ports in a slight angle to make hose routing easier, and got
two bleed ports on it for draining and getting the air out. For the rest
it is stock.

I paid 300 Euro's for it. Quality and service is outstanding, so I feel
the radiator is worth its price.

They now have my modified radiator in their database. Just mention my
name (or call-sign) and they will answer all your questions, and should
be able to crank out an exact copy.

The outer dimensions are 41 x 19 (including mounting bosses), the
working surface is 34 x 15. All dimensions are in cm's. If you need more
info just let me know.

Frans