Re: Europa-List: fuel tank

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel tank
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 09:47:59
Hi Will,

Indeed the tank as received from Europa is Fluorinated, albeit to a lower
level in my tank's case to what I managed to arrange by a US treatment
factory.  You can see my request out to the group for interested builders
to share in the expense, but found none so I went ahead and paid their high
minimum lot fee.  If there were a bunch of tanks (and cobras) it could have
cost as little as $40/tank.  The process is done in a temp/pressure
controlled chamber, and the tank must be free of contaminants to avoid
being damaged in the process.

Mine came back with a 'thick frost' textured finish, and was done to the
same level as the do for the auto industryy to meet the evaporative
emissions requirements.

The contact info was:

Neal Christopher
Plant Manager
Fluoro-Seal International
29 Royal Drive
Forest Park, GA 30297
Ph: 404-363-0008
Fax: 404-363-9611
E-Mail: 60Atlanta@fsicorp.com
Web: www.fluoroseal.com
Transforming Plastics. Making the Impossible Possible

Cheers,
Pete

PS-  if anyone endevours to get their tanks done, I'd love to jump into the
order, with a small motorcycle plastic gas tank that I have not yet
installed :-)