Europa-List: beringer wheel & brake for monowheel

Subject: Europa-List: beringer wheel & brake for monowheel
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:37:32

Did anyone else at the LAA Rally notice the Beringer wheel & brake upgrade kit
for the Europa monowheel? What do you think of it?

It promises to save 4kg and allow use of a tubeless tyre while improving braking
and saving maintenance costs. It looks very smart in red-anodized aluminium.
The flyer sheet says it uses DOT4 fluid and quotes 1429 euro for the complete
kit including tyre and master cylinder with parking brake.

I can't find more than a passing mention of it on their website:

http://www.beringer.fr/aero.php

The UK distributor for Beringer is Pioneer Aircraft Ltd:

http://www.pioneer.aero/

but they only have a link to the Beringer website.

While it looks very nice, I don't think I want to spend that much just now.
Still,
it's good to know that despite so many builders converting to trigear, some
third parties think the monowheel is worth supporting.

in friendship

Rowland