Europa-List: Re: Air Compressor

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Air Compressor
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 05:10:02

Hi Jim,

We too thought we needed an air compressor for compression test but found that
the volume of air needed to do a leak down compression test is pretty small.
We did our compression test this year using a small air tank that we filled at
the local gas station to 100 psi.  Had air left over!

You'll find you need a compressor with a lot of capacity if you plan to run most
air tools.  They use a large volume of air.  A small compressor will make you
wait for it to catch up.  We learned this while grinding off the carbon fibre
of the glider wings for Mod 78.  Thats the only time we needed air tools -
carbon
fibre is combustible.

Jim & Heather
N241BW