RE: Europa-List: Re: Cracks on the cockpit module near to the seat belts

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Cracks on the cockpit module near to the seat belts
From: Ivan Shaw <ivanshaw@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:10:19
The only comment I have to add is that it is generally wise with 'small'
repair areas to, after replacing what was there with same strength cloth and
ply  orientation, overlapping plies half an inch is to add one ply of bid
over the whole repair area as a belt and braces, peal plying all the edges
or the whole repair if a small area. This covers the possibility of lack of
strength due to less than perfect layup conditions/lack of perfect
preparation etc, when done 'in the field'

Ivan