Europa-List: Re: woodcomp install on G-umpy any tips ?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: woodcomp install on G-umpy any tips ?
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 13:00:01

I hope you got my email.
I had my first flight test form rejected by the LAA and I need to do the max
pitch,
flaps down, go around test. and few other bits again. I probably need to
adjust the stops on the prop to reduce the max pitch.
Being on my own and just out of ATLAS control on a hot day I found the tests a
bit stressful.
In general I feel I have better control on take off and landing and shorter
rolls
but thats also compounded by making my tickover lower and making the throttle
smoother at the same time.
At first I found it disconcerting that the RPM is unaffected by throttle
although
having flown for many years before with a CS prop it come back to me and I
found the manifold pressure chart vrs RPM in the Rotax user manual.
I have yet to tune and tweak on a longer cruise to get feel for benefits in
speeds
or economy. Its nice not to be fiddling with the power all the time. It all
seems smooth and the stop and start confirms that the prop blades are lighter
than the warp drive.
Last time I flew it seemed to want to bank left and needs re-trimming - not sure
it thats to do with the wider blade or something else.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FWFD 912ULS/Woodcomp 3000/W
Newby: 35 hours
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: