RE: Europa-List: Re: XS Exhaust System Cracks

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: XS Exhaust System Cracks
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 19:58:15

Hi Jon

My crack ran along the inside of the bend along the length of the pipe,
rather than round it.  It is noticeable that the crack is just along the
bottom of the weld for the exhaust spring, though if that is anything to do
with the problem I could not say.

We had fun with the CKT exhaust pipes last year 3 of the 4 flanges(?) where
they bolt to the heads cracked off.  The replacements are considerably
better welded.

I dealt with CKT direct for my replacements.  Chris Piper is the man to talk
to. 01884 242211 if you need the number.

Pete

PS I seem to remember G-TERN parked outside the hanger at Kemble?