Re: Europa-List: fuel filler & vents & vusal gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel filler & vents & vusal gauge
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:06:43
Max=0A=0Ayou should increase the size of the vent pipe to 3/8 inch, ( it is
 1/4 inch in the book) then connect the vent to the top of the filler pipe,
 or the "cobra".=0ABest also to use aluminium instead of plastic and ground
 it to avoid static sparks on hot dry days. You can connect the sight gauge
 vent to the=C2-=0Atank breather. Look at the attachment=0A=0AGraham=0A
=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Max Cointe <mcointe@free.fr
>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com =0ASent: Saturday, 18 August 2012, 16:39
=0ASubject: Europa-List: fuel filler & vents & vusal gauge=0A =0A=0AHi Ther
e all,=0A=C2-=0AI bought LH built with the fuel system as per the book=C2
-: visual gauge with a vent line and a tank vent line both exiting on the
 roof, which I consider a bit complex and problematic when refueling fast.
=0AI had a look on the europaclub web site and studied the interesting mods
 shown, but could I make it simpler : drill a hole in the plug of the fille
r cap (to vent the tank) and connect the visual gauge breather=C2- to the
 hose initially used for the tank vent (just over the filler hose). Hope it
=99s clear, otherwise excuse my French J.=0ADid anyone have done some
thing like this? Any comment?=0A=C2-=0AMax=C2- Cointe=0AF-PMLH TriGear
Kit #560=0A912ULS Airmaster 450 hours=0Amcointe@free.fr=0A=C2-=0A=C2-