Re: Europa-List: AN-2

Subject: Re: Europa-List: AN-2
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 08:38:10

On Aug 1, 2012, at 4:30 PM, Raimo Toivio wrote:

> And engine fire up process is unforgetable.

Raimo,

A few years ago there was an AN-2...not your average biplane...based
at my little island airstrip...one afternoon a bunch of us airport
flunkies piled in for a ride and it was quite a treat...and, as you
say, firing up the engine is unforgettable...noise inside the plane
was thunderous, though the interior was raw and bare of insulation.
The pilot on this flight was Merrill Wien who is the check pilot for
"FIFI", the last (I believe) flying B-29...a man with many years
experience flying behind those big round engines.

Don't be bashful when you go for that type-rating...

...what an adventure !! ...good businessman that you are, I'm sure you
have a plan to make the AN-2 into a profitable enterprise...I wonder
how much Finns will pay to join the "Mile High Club"?...and redefine
what it means to have a "Happy Landing"...sounds like you have the
perfect sub-orbital vehicle to get that question answered.

All the best,

Fred