Europa-List: AN-2

Subject: Europa-List: AN-2
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 01:33:32
Hi All!

Wish us luck =93 we really need it now:

My family is flying to Budapest Hungary tomorrow. My plan is to get
during Fri-Sat a full type rating for Antonov AN-2 =93 the biggest
single piston engine machine in the world. MTOW is 5500 kgs. I need it
because we have purchased one (model =9CVIP /Safari=9D). My
plan is to fly it home direct via Slovakia, Poland, Liethuania, Latvia
and Estonia. That means 813 nm and over 2000 liters of AvGas 100LL (7000
euros). It will take time 10 hours with economy cruise 82 knots. My
Europa would do it happily in 6 hours burning not more than 130 liters
98E autofuel = 200 euros but that is a different story.

Before our dep we have a chance to enjoy World Championship Aerobatics;
last day is Saturday with giant airshow they claim.

What are we going to do with our Antonov?

That will be sensation and we will publish it asap.

All what I can say today is that all of you will get a possibility to
enjoy our plan literally if you like.

Our American friend Kim Prout knows the secret but he will not tell...

A thought flying a Russian giant with a star engine through Europa low
and slow with my family omboard makes me thrilled or mad you can
believe.

Cheers, Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

Updated flight hours /landings: 327 /537

37500 Lempaala
FINLAND

p +358-3-3753 777
f +358-3-3753 100