Europa-List: Re: Gear down and locked switch

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Gear down and locked switch
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 02:16:09

Paul, I have a gear locked microswitch mounted on the inner port side of the
wheel
well.  It is engaged by a small flat plate fixed to the side of the LGO8P
arm, such that when the arm has actually moved overcentre (ie is locked), the
switch engages, and a green light illuminates on the panel.

I thought about putting it in the gear-locked gate, but this only tell you that
the lever is in the gate, and not that the gear is locked down (which are two
different things, especially if you have any movement in those 3 bolts attaching
the gear lever to LG08S caused by eg turbulence).

None of this stopped my from landing gear-up, when I had moved the landing gear
right down, but not engaged in the gate.... no green light...my head was
seriously
in the wrong place that day... .
Best
Richard