Europa-List: Re: Heavy Landing on Tri Gear.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Heavy Landing on Tri Gear.
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 01:53:50

Many thanks Peter.
The reason for my question is i have just recently purchased a Europa.
At the time of purchase due to traffic i only had very short time to look at the
aircraft, being a novice i did not know all the places to check up on,  it was
a bit of a rush and i should have spent more time.
But from what i did examine i could see it was a good build so accepted all was
was well, ( and it may be)
However when i received the aircraft i spent 3 days polishing it all over,
and noted  the condition was all neat and tidy so felt i had done well.
I have been practising landings on a 450 meter strip, from what i am use to it
very short,
I would say at this point, i don,t think any of my landings where really heavy.
But looking round the aircraft the other day ,the sun caught a slight ripple "in
the fibre glass about 3 to 4 inches forward of the Port leg where it enters
the fuselage", on close examination all the sealant round the leg is intact, no
visible damage to the leg, or in the area behind the leg.
This small shallow inward curved ripple or dent, if press with your finger
will move in and out, so assuming the skin in this area is not as thick as say
around the cockpit area, so it dos ,nt seem to be a structured area.
Now being 66 i tended to dough myself a little, has it been there all the time,
did not notice it before, But once you have found a mark your eye always goes
back and picks it up.
Regards
Alan

Read this topic online here: