Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 Turbo - TCU Amber light Blinking

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax 914 Turbo - TCU Amber light Blinking
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:35:19

Hi Peter,

All the necessary manuals for the Rotax 914 are available free, without signing
up, from the site: Rotax-Owner.com

But I would highly recommend signing up for full site access.  The learning
videos
are very good if you have the internet bandwidth to support them.

I don't have a cure for you because you don't specifically provide the
conditions
in which you have the blinking orange lamp.  It is normal for all the TCU lamps
to light and blink on application of power to the system.  This indicates
a normal startup system check is occurring and all is well when they all go out.
During operation, this is another matter.

According to the Rotax 914 Operators Manual "Section 4.4.3) Orange caution lamp
of the TCU blinking

In case of blinking of the orange caution lamp of the TCU, this has to be
recorded
by the pilot in the logbook, stating the duration exact time and extent of
exceeding limits.

NOTICE: If the manually controlled variable is not possible, then turn off the
servo motor.

Possible cause: Indicates a failure of a sensor, sensor wiring, TCU, or leakage
in the airbox.
Remedy: Reduce speed and boost pressure manually to be within the operating
limits.
Limited flying operation, as this may indicate the boost pressure control
isno more or insufficiently possible and may affect engine performance."

Can you provide more detailed information about the situation of your blinking
orange light?

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com