Europa-List: Chasing Fuel Smells

Subject: Europa-List: Chasing Fuel Smells
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 06:52:37
Hello,

Over the years I have chased fuel smells in my Europa.  I think there were
3 things that made the biggest change.

 - Replaced all rubber hoses with Fuel Injection hose
 - Replaced all of the clips with smooth band clamps used for fuel
injection hose
 - Replaced the elbow with aluminum.

Despite this I would occasionally get smells which would take forever to
find and then I discovered an ultraviolet dye that can be put in the fuel.
By using this I could find the smallest leak with a UV Led torch within 10
minutes.

Regards, Paul