AW: Europa-List: RPM drop with a 914 above 100%

Subject: AW: Europa-List: RPM drop with a 914 above 100%
From: UVTREITH <uvtreith@tonline.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 00:01:29
Hello Jacques,

Please check the inside housing of your carburettors. It might be
possible
that small parts from the inside of the aluminium housing of the carbs
get
loose, looking like very small folio. When you increase the power of the
engine you will have more fuel flow through the carbs and these debris
folio
swim up and can close the hole of your jet orifices.

We have had that some years ago on the Demo TriGear from EA/UK. When
Andy
Draper wanted to start and increased the power, the total rpm drop
followed
some second later. To found that out by an ROTAX expert, taking about
three
hours. We assume the reason was Avgas, as the TriGear was getting Avgas
and
Mogas in a mix, depending on the availability.

Good Luck,

Bruno

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----