Re: Europa-List: Re: GA propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: GA propellers
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 08:30:41

On May 27, 2012, at 12:52 PM, tennant wrote:

> FYI 8.8 bolt spec is min.  800 Newton per mm squared tensile and min
> 80% of that as Yield strength.
>
> i.e. for non Europeans: min 116 ksi tensile
>
> There are certainly stronger bolts on the market but this is pretty
> standard and they are not brittle and can be safely plated.

Barry,

Thank you for your explanation...the torquing values called for for
the 8 mm bolts is listed as 2.5 kg*m / 25 N*m. This reads like Greek
to me, but if I am reading this correctly, it would appear that the
loads are well within the bolt spec and I should have no hesitation to
use the bolts which came w/ my superb (by all appearances) propeller.

Your confirmation would be appreciated.

Fred