Re: Europa-List: Re: Lightning Strike

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Lightning Strike
From: Ivan Midwing <midwing@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:42:33

If you don't have farradays, stay well clear of CB's and where to suspect
discharging!
I have flown at least 5000 hours in King Airs with multiple hits and it never
fells
secure or "god enoug" around thunder and lightning...
I have seen composite parts hit by lightning and it has always destroyed parts
beyond repair!
Don't fly near it...
My 2 cents of recommendations
Cheers!
Ivan

KajakCenter Halland
Org nr; 5805034625
P: +46 703 621310
P: +46 704 694444
M: midwing@telia.com
W: www.kajakcenter-halland.se

14 feb 2012 kl. 11:21 skrev "Martin Olliver" <martflynut@aol.com>:

> Thank you all for your input. The good news here is that those of you who have
had a lightning strike, seem to have only suffered minor or no damage at all.
The situation with the glider seems to be different because of the moisture
in the wings. I think we can all fly with cautious optimism on this one.