Re: Europa-List: Viking Aircraft engine

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Viking Aircraft engine
From: Garry Stout <garrys@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:53:35

This engine is being sold by Eggenfeller.........formerly selling the Subaru
engine
conversions.  Those Subaru engines turned out to be completely unreliable
and downright dangerous.  I know nothing about his latest project, the Honda
conversion, but based on his previous engines, I wouldn't trust him.  Google his
name and you'll get a real education.

Garry Stout

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 26, 2012, at 1:18 PM, William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Bud or anyone,
> This seems to be a very nice engine for the Europa, a Viking Honda aircraft
> engine.
The Viking shop in in Edgewater, FL.  Do you know anything about this
engine?  It is the Honda 1500 cc, 117 hp, 6300 rpm max, 2.33/1 reduction drive,
fuel injected, liquid cooled, 178 lb dry weight, fully developed package for
aircraft use.  The package includes 40A Alternator, Dual Engine controllers,
Exhaust / Muffler, Air intake, K&N Filter, Starter, Radiator, Oil cooler, fuel
pumps and Engine mounting for your airplane.   The engine is fully assembled.
 $13,000   Looks like a very good alternative to the Rotax.  They haven't yet
but likely to develop retro fitable turbo-charge down the road.