Re: SV: Europa-List: trips to Italy looking expensive

Subject: Re: SV: Europa-List: trips to Italy looking expensive
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:20:59
Svein, I have more sympathy with the Italians in their current
predicament than I have for the Belgians! I suppose that although
irritating,  a one off tax of 90 odd euros for a Europa wouldn=99t
be prohibitive for a week spent in Italy ( which I have to say is one of
my favourite places to fly), and if they are going to charge on a per
day or week basis then it amounts to nothing much. There is the point
that as long as flying in from the EU , one is allowed to land at any
strip however small so that avoiding it might not prove too difficult,
although not to drop in on such places as Venice, Verona, Ravenna and
Rome Urbe when in Italy would lose out on much of the point of going
there. We will have to wait & see.
          As to Belgium, they have gone quiet since my last letter to
them (attached for your amusement!). Probably the next thing I shall
know is that 2 heavies will turn up at my door to collect the 86 euros +
expenses or take my TV in lieu!
         Regards, David, G-XSDJ