SV: Europa-List: trips to Italy looking expensive

Subject: SV: Europa-List: trips to Italy looking expensive
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 21:49:27
>aircraft having spent more than 48 consecutive hours on Italian territory

>The tax is to be charged at the following annual rates (by reference to
MTOW): 1) up to 1.000 kg., euro 1,50 per kg;
>But visitors are hit. This will kill GA visits to Italy, of couse.

Not a good sign, that is for certain.  I appreciate that little is yet known
about this possible tax, but one way to read the above quote from this
evening's posting is that if the tax is assessed on an annual basis, than
hopefully it will be pro-rated for part of a  year.  For Europas, it would
in such case be Euro 2.70 per day (after the first 48 hours).

Until further information is available, I will therefore keep a trip to
Italy in my schedule for this coming summer.

On this note:  What I - and many others - really find unreasonable, is the
fee charged by Belgium for flying through their airspace.  Any news on this
subject, David J?

Happy New Year to all - may we have only sunshine and tailwinds this coming
year!

Regards,
Svein
LN-SKJ