Re: Europa-List: Oil Analysis

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Oil Analysis
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 13:34:15
Jim,

I use Aviation Labs in Houston:

Andera Clifton
Customer Support Representative

5401 Mitchelldale, Ste. B6
Houston, TX 77092
Ph. 800-256-6876
Fx. 713-864-6990
www.avlab.com

Alternate contacts:
Randle Scott - rscott@avlab.com
Garland Waldrop- gwaldrop@avlab.com

They can supply a kit with sample bottle & mailer (can include the oil filter if
you want to send the it in).  Very extensive report is provided within a week.
I've been doing it with the filter every annual and just the oil at every
change.  I know, it's over kill, but it keeps me happy.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Dec 24, 2011, at 10:10 PM, jimpuglise@comcast.net wrote:

> I am getting close to my first oil change and am looking at getting on a
> regular
oil analysis schedule.  Are others doing this?  If so, are you having the
filter done too?  Who do you like and what is the cost?  This is all new to me
so I need some guidance.  I am at 14 hours and it looks like I am going to be
able to get the temps on the Jabiru under control, so it just may work out.