RE: Europa-List: Coolant leak

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Coolant leak
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies@clara.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 10:07:30

Hi Richard

If there is nothing obvious visually it is probably leaking from the lowest
connections- The two pipes that join on to the water radiator.  They are
hard to see and any leaks tend to appear at the bottom of the radiator.  You
could try tightening those clips first.  You can buy a leak detecting dye
---From garages/motor parts suppliers.  The normal first check would be to
pressurise the system but that means fitting a modified cap in order to
apply pressure and that is a lot of work.  You could try dropping the
radiator so that you can view the rad connections from under duct.

Regards

Brian Davies