Re: Europa-List: first flight of G-UMPY Sywell

Subject: Re: Europa-List: first flight of G-UMPY Sywell
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 07:41:26

Graeme,

CONGRATULATIONS! on the first flight of G-UMPY.  You should be able to resolve
the plumbing issue and enjoy many hours flying your own Bird.  I'll be at the
hanger later this morning and will see if I can get some pictures of my
down-pipe
for you.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop.
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com

On Dec 11, 2011, at 7:08 AM, graeme bird wrote:

> inaugural flight of G-UMPY yesterday and Sywell, at the capable hands of Andy
Draper.
> Sounds fantastic going overhead, dont know why it should sound any different
to any other 912 engined plane.
> "A good one" the man said.
> However, on inspection after today's flight the Port water downpipe to the
> radiator
is too close to the exhaust. I'll need to move the raditor/air guide down
and back slightly and maybe use a silicone pipe or add insulation somehow.
Its a classic body with XS FWFD anyone else had this issue?