Europa-List: Moulding material

Subject: Europa-List: Moulding material
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:34:48

Gidday,
I am attempting to remould my door tang fuselage recesses, with the doors open
and the top off the fuselage, doors on. I have only opened up the original
recesses
on their inboard ends, leaving the hing attachment areas as original. The
door tangs protrude up into the space and I could always spend hours gluing
pieces of foam onto the tangs when taped, and then try and tidy up their shapes,
then glass over the top of that and in time dissolve the foam. I am wondering
if there is another way, maybe using glad wrap, thin plastic sandwich wrap,
and modelling clay. I am wondering if anyone has a moulding material that is
easy to shape, and easy to dissolve away leaving a nice surface afterwards. If
not, well I'll just struggle on but there must be an easier way that currently
escapes me.
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie.