Europa-List: Setting angle of incidence for bonding spar alignment bushe

Subject: Europa-List: Setting angle of incidence for bonding spar alignment bushes
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:57:01

I am about to embark on bonding the spar alignment bushes into the
cockpit module (chapter 14). The manual says to set the wing spar
parallel to the front of the seat back, and that this is good enough
for now. That seems rather arbitrary to me, given that the tolerance
required later is 2.5 +/- 0.05 degrees. I am confused how the angle of
incidence can be adjusted in the future with the bushes already bonded
in. Would it not be best if the bushes are bonded after setting the
2.5 deg incidence? But then I am uncertain how to infer the angle of
incidence with the cockpit module sitting face down on the floor. Any
thoughts from experienced builders would be appreciated!