Europa-List: Leaky Brake Fitting - Some advice please!

Subject: Europa-List: Leaky Brake Fitting - Some advice please!
From: Carl Meek <carlmeek@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 17:00:49
I had a problem today where the parking brake got stuck on. Normally to
release it, I put a lot of pressure on the finger brakes and it unsticks.
Unfortunately, something else unstuck first!  I must have put a bit too much
pressure on the left brake (same one I had bleeding problems with) and it
squirted fluid out.

Looks like I need a new nylon compression olive, or perhaps a whole new
brass fitting.  Any idea where to get these from?  They are the much hated
jamar (I think that's the name) brakes.  Leak was from between the nylon
olive ring and pipe itself.

The next trouble is that I need to get to the parking brake valve to put a
new handle on it (I snapped it off during my messing about) but I have no
idea how to get to it!  Its inside the central tunnel, seemingly
inaccessible.  I might even need to get to this to replace the length of
pipe, I suspect it needs refreshing in order to fix this leak.

Thanks for any advice :)