Europa-List: Re: Power loss, on taxi, vapour locking?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Power loss, on taxi, vapour locking?
From: hletkeman <hletkeman@spanishlookout.bz>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:31:29

On my second takeoff, my engine lost gas pressure, and the engine stuttered.
Luckily,
I was still on the ground.
I had been making some adjustments on the trim after the first flight, while the
engine idled. I now believe that there was vapor in the pump, and therefore
the pressure dropped. I installed a booster pump under the seat, to push vapor
through the manual pump, and installed drip pans under the carb bowls, and have
not had any problems since.

Read this topic online here: