RE: Europa-List: Low Voltage

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Low Voltage
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 12:22:38

Hi Troy=2C
It happened twice to me : once when there was a missing jumper to the regul
ator=2C and once when I had a broken wire to the regulator. I now have two
spare regulators=2C as the original never failed.I have the same battery as
 you and others and it should be fine also.
Karl

> Subject: Europa-List: Low Voltage
> From: wingnut54@charter.net
> Date: Sun=2C 6 Nov 2011 12:26:08 -0800
> To: europa-list@matronics.com
>

> Hi All=2C
> Recently I had been getting low voltage readings in my Europa.
> It has the 912S with a total of 125 hours on it.
> I have an Odessey 680=2C 17ah battery=2C 2 years old.
> It is basically wired as per the Europa supplied diagram.
> I keep a Battery Tender Plus hooked up all the time.
> I do not get a alternator light come on=2C except when I shut down.
> The voltage reading on climb out yesterday on departure from home read 13
.7 at one point.
> After a 1.5 hour flight to Kentucky the voltage was probably around 12v.
> On start up to taxi from the fuel pit to the restaurant it hit on the fir
st blade and started quickly 1.5 hours later when we left for home.
> Voltage slowly dropped on the way home when finally the EIS showed 10.9 v
olts on landing. I forgot to try to restart at that time.
> I had turned off none essential stuff along the way. Pulled the breakers
for the Art.Horizon=2C Turn Coord.=2C turned off XPDR=2C then finally the r
adio except when we got close to home and the nearby class c.
> I am thinking its only the battery What do you all think?
> I have looked at all the posts I could search on here=2C and Aeroelectric
=2C(very cumbersome search engine). None conclusive. I am wondering if it c
ould be the regulator. The manuals aren't any help either.