Europa-List: Re: Nose Wheel!

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Nose Wheel!
From: kees de bussy <keesdebussy@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 05:14:28

I had occasionally the same or similar problem and in my case it was definitely
shimmiing. The only situation this happened was when I tried to keep the nose
wheel off the ground as log as possible after touch-down. So the nose wheel
touches
the ground at relative low speed and softly.
I tried to readjust the dampener to an extend that steering during taxiing was
pretty hard but it had no effect whatsoever.
I now land the plane as usual on the main gear but immediately after touch-down
I lower the nose wheel to put it on the ground. This way I can avoid the
shimmiing.

I might try Ivor's suggestion to use Nyogel and try again.  Does the dampener be
adjusted to the same settings using Nyogel ?

Kees de Bussy
PH-SBR

Read this topic online here: