Europa-List: Tailspring and Tailwheel forks plating

Subject: Europa-List: Tailspring and Tailwheel forks plating
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:19:17

Gidday,
I have started to research the option of protecting my tailspring and the
tailwheel
forks as my build progresses. A recent pow wow with 3 builders concluded
something was required such that the process did not expose the job to
temperatures
above the tempering temperature of the tail spring. Now I'm ignorant of
all this stuff, so didn't really participate, only listened. A conclusion was
made that powder coating might be an answer but my recent enquiries lends me to
have concerns that the flex of the leg could encourage departure of the surface.
i.e. cracking.
An old Europa builder I knew used Electroless Nickel. No clue if this is the
best,
but I do know that he would have researched very thoroughly. So, I'm interested
in what opinions the forum might have of this method, or other suggestions.
My parts definitely need sandblasting to remove surface corrosion at any case.

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie