RE: Europa-List: Sealing the water and oil coolers in a Classic

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Sealing the water and oil coolers in a Classic
From: Kingsley <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 08:28:31

> On my Classic Europa with 912UL, I am experiencing too high oil temps for
comfort.

Marcel,

Ten years or so ago, there was an article in the Europa News (we don't get
them now) about oil temp problems in Kim Prout's Classic in California.

Kim and Ivan Shaw moved the oil cooler to just below the spinner after
cutting a hole there to suit.  The article reported the mod was hugely
successful following which they flew to Oshkosh and back with no temperature
problems at all despite very hot conditions on the way.

Cheers

Kingsley in Oz