RE: Europa-List: Radio wiring

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Radio wiring
From: Gavin and Anne Lee <gavanne@iconz.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:51:31
For the PTT you can use single core shielded wire using the shielding as the
earth connection at both ends

For the headsets use 3 core shielded as you say, mic, audio and earth but
make sure you earth the shielding as well on the radio end only, just cut it
off at the headset end and leave it, if you earth the shielding at both ends
it creates its own circuit and you will have interference

Gavin...#355... ZK-EPA