Europa-List: DYNON D100 EFIS to TXPDR

Subject: Europa-List: DYNON D100 EFIS to TXPDR
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 17:05:02
Cheers,
        I am attempting to connect the D100 EFIS DATA output to the Garmin
327 Transponder data receiver line. Trouble is, the D100 out line is in a
two-wire coaxial shield and the Transponder connection is a single wire
solo.
        If you have successfully connected the two, could you please tell me
how you did it? If Dynon think it should be shielded, and Garmin think it
needn't - what's the answer?  Both these leads are AWG24 at the most and so
require fairly solid lagging to prevent vibration effects.
        Any assistance would be most appreciated. I seem to be thwarted at
every turn.
Regards, Ferg