Re: Europa-List: Electric winch or hand crank?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Electric winch or hand crank?
From: Hans J. Danielsen <hansjd@online.no>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 17:20:37

Martin:

The few times I've pulled it onto the trailer I have had good assistance
---From bystanders. You could make a couple of ramps to sturdy the
outriggers/wings during this prosess. To measure the hight lift the
tailwheel onto the rail, wings level, measure the distance between outrigger
wheel and ground, add the small hight up to the mainweel platform and you
have the ramp hight. These ramps are also  great when removing the first
wing as it sturdies the rest of the assembly without too much rocking
sideways. (But you do need help to pull the wings and place them on the
trailer anyway!)

Remember, the main landing gear frame is locked to sturdy the fuselage when
the ramp is pulled up and enclosing the wheel, but for transport I've always
used ropes to tie the fuselage sideways to the trailer structure. Otherwise,
the main landing gear frame will be subjected to a lot of strain from
sideways rocking of the fuselage.

Hope this helps.

Hans