Europa-List: Navaid servo, full left aileron

Subject: Europa-List: Navaid servo, full left aileron
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:56:12

Hi list,

Today I have replaced my Navaid controlhead with a new Trio EZ Pilot
controlhead.
All works fine, my Skyforce IIIC is providing all informatn perfectly.

I do however have one issue: when engaging the servo, the servo immediately
gives
me full left aileron. This exact same thing happened with the Navaid
controlhead,
so as far as I can tell one of the following coild be wrong:

A) my Navaid servo is not properly functioning; Trio has offered to look at the
servo after I ship itto them (excellent service from Jerry!)
B) the PWM wire running from the controlhead to the servo has broke

My guess is that scenario B) is what is wrong, because this full aileron issue
started after someone has done some work behind the panel.

My question to the list: would a broken PWN wire indeed result in a full aileron
deflection?

Any input is highly appreciated!

Marcel

--------
Marcel
(Classic Tri-Gear PH-MZW - formerly G-BWON)

Read this topic online here: