Re: Europa-List: Stall Warner

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Stall Warner
From: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 20:47:41

On 08/13/2011 12:00 PM, david park wrote:
> While calibrating the Europa Stall Warner I have had trouble fine tuning
> the screw adjustment.
> I have rigged up a test kit on the ground and find if you connect the
> plastic tube to the other side of the sensor, opposite to that shown in
> the Mod drawings it seems to work better--on the ground!!!

I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but you can't adjust it on the
ground. You need proper airflow over the wings to get the thing working.
On the ground, the aircraft is technically in a stalled condition, but
due to lack of air flow the state is undetermined.
My stall warner behaves erratically on the ground. Most often it is off,
but just a slight breeze will trigger it. Sometimes it is activated on
the ground, but gets quiet during the take off roll.
While flying it works perfect. Occasionally it gives a chirp in
turbulence when the aircraft momentarily sinks into a void, and of
course during the landing flare it reassures me that we are indeed
landing. ;-)

Frans