Europa-List: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Report_from_EANF_2011_in_=D6land_?

Subject: Europa-List: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Report_from_EANF_2011_in_=D6land_?
From: Raimo Toivio raimo.toivio@rwm.fi by way of Matt Dralle <dralle@matronics.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 16:28:42
Hej Alla /Hi All

***

J=E5, de var just s=E5 !!!

***

This is our report about The 4th (?) Europa Nordic
Fly Inn:

We had our departure from Tampere Airport EFTP
Finland Friday 5th of August at about 1200.
Our plan was first to fly to EFMA to refuel. It
took one hour and the distance was 138 nm. To make
the refuel stop fast we carried the canister to
make Rotax (912S) happy. So, the refueling stop
was fast, only 5 minutes to refuel and 55 minutes
to visit cafe and places you well know.

 From EFMA via Stockholm it was 237 nm to the
wonderful Borglanda airstrip ESMB in =D6land.

After landing, we were wondering to where have all
the other Europas gone, behind the club house
maybe? After looking carefully and thinking they
have Stealth Europas I called to Stephan Cassel
and he informed me kindly there were some weather
reasons not no fly from Denmark, Norway or from
other parts of Sweden to =D6land in Sweden. Obvious
we lucky Finnish bastards had the blue skied
tunnel all the way overseas from Finland to
Sweden.

We have to say, the weather was just perfect
during the time we stayed in =D6land.

So, after paying a landing
fee (60 krones = 7 euros = 10 USA dollars, it was
unmanned airfield), we rented couple of bi-cyckles
(60 krones all together, unmanned renting place)
and cycled to the main town Borgholm. It was only
three kilometer far and we found a typical
pictorial
Swedish small town.

We had booked ourselves in to the  Hotell Borgholm
and that was fantastic. Same owners - very kind
couple - over 39 years. The Michelin book says it
is not easily possible to eat better food in
Sweden than in the Hotell Borgholm. And we have to
say, the dinner in Borgholm was absolutely good,
good, good.

After dinner, we were dancing on the streets and
in the bars also. After that we had some or a bit
more adult fun (all the Europa Aircraft Nord 2011
participants all together) in the room # 218 in
the
Hotell Borgholm.

Next morning - after a really high class
breakfast - we cyckled to the next possible
service station to get some fuel. We had 2 pcs. of
20 liters canisters omboard. First we made
ourselves clear that Swedish fuel has only 5% of
ethanol. We fueled our canisters through
water/debris isolator /filter and got all the
possible kind help. After that we tied those
canisters to the bi-cyckles and also the (plastic)
(water) machine gun (which we bought for a
present to our daughters) . Some people looked as
like a humanoids but they did not understand we
were only Europa pilots.

Next day - Sunday  The 7th - would be obviously
bad if thinking about the weather. So, we decided
to leave on Saturday. The decision was easy
because the covernment was my wife. We cyckled to
the airfield, refueled, made our flightplan and
completed our take off from the charming 650 meter
long grass airfield Borglanda.

The bad weather frontiers were coming from the
south and we were heading to the NE. After 1 hour
20 minutes flying (171 nm) we landed to the ESSZ.
That was V=E4ngsj=F6 - what a paradise! We met there
some friends and had a delicious lunch with them.
After filling a tank of Europa also, we departed
and flew up to the north to pass Arlanda - The
Swedish main airport ESSA - clockwise this time.
The weather over the sea between Sweden and
Finland was not so good and from the coast of
Finland to the Tampere we flied more or less in
the cloud. It was so nice to see finally 4 red
lights which were the Vasi lights of the EFTP. To
landing to the 06 of the EFTP was so fascinating
that I will put that video to the Youtube. You
will see it later.

To visit EANF 2011 it took 6 hours 20 minutes
flight time and all together 796 nm with an
average speed of 126 knots. To reach =D6land from
Finland Tampere by car and car ferry it will take
easily 24 hrs. By flying Europa it is only three
hours flight time.

Europa Aircraft Nord Fly Inns are great changes to
meet wonderful peoples. EANF 2011 was again a
proof of that magical touch. I have earlier been
in EANF 2009 in Visingsj=F6 Sweden and EANF 2008 in
Endealave Denmark.

I have promised to arrange /organisera The EANF
2012 in Finland if you please accept that idea.

If so, WELCOME!

Cheers, Marke & Raimo Toivio

Europa XS Mono OH-XRT #417

Updated flight hours /landings: