Europa-List: Colortune spark plug

Subject: Europa-List: Colortune spark plug
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 21:13:25
Does anyone have experience with the Colortune spark plug for "our" types of
Rotax engines, or any other engine?

Bing's Tuning Manual recommends this plug (which lets you see the
color/colour of the flame in the combustion chamber for setting the fuel/air
mixture correctly), claiming this to be the most accurate method short of an
exhaust gas analyzer (anyone with experience using the latter?).

I have no known issue with the mixture on my engine, just reading ahead for
planned carb inspections/overhauls.  Another winter project:  Replacing all
rubber hoses LL or only "on condition" LJ .

Svein

LN-SKJ